GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Big Bore AirGun Gate

Still on the Waiting list For RMAC, but gearing up just in case.

(1/1)

Kerndtc:
Texan 308.

Lapped barrel, nearly no mods to the internals. Running a mounted 1100cc regulated tank at 2500psi. I get 40+ shots at 260fpe.

Here are a few pics. I've been testing ammo and fine tuning the gun at distance.

I have a picture of the rifle benched on my 230y range area. And the group I shot was 15 shots without really making sure the tank was perfect on pressure.

Second picture of group I found out I needed to ensure the pressure was really precise (even though I have the hammer spring tuned to the bell curve around my reg setpoint).

This was at 310y. Had to add 62moa of elevation in the scope.

Does it look like it's shooting okay?!

mackeral5:

--- Quote from: Kerndtc on June 04, 2023, 10:07:59 PM ---Texan 308.

Lapped barrel, nearly no mods to the internals. Running a mounted 1100cc regulated tank at 2500psi. I get 40+ shots at 260fpe.

Here are a few pics. I've been testing ammo and fine tuning the gun at distance.

I have a picture of the rifle benched on my 230y range area. And the group I shot was 15 shots without really making sure the tank was perfect on pressure.

Second picture of group I found out I needed to ensure the pressure was really precise (even though I have the hammer spring tuned to the bell curve around my reg setpoint).

This was at 310y. Had to add 62moa of elevation in the scope.

Does it look like it's shooting okay?!

--- End quote ---

40 shots over 260fpe is crazy, even with almost 1.5l of air on board.  Very impressive accuracy as well.  I predict you may end up with a more precise gauge and a bleed to purge excess pressure, much like what Scotchmo uses on his .257/7mm build, that is if you have not already added this feature.

Looking forward future posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version