GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Semi retired machinist looking for side jobs.

<< < (4/11) > >>

2A Georgia:

--- Quote from: MikeCarter on May 24, 2023, 06:03:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Back_Roads on May 24, 2023, 08:55:07 AM --- If word gets out you do good work, you may be busier than you like ;)

--- End quote ---

Donít make the hobby a career youíll hate it. I used to love motorcycles, now I donít even look at them anymore after working on motorcycles for a living for 15 years so thank goodness I donít do that anymore. I would never ruin my air gunning hobby thatís just me. Now I repair commercial kitchen equipment, Iíve never cared about commercial kitchen equipment so it works out

--- End quote ---
Fell out my chair laughing Mike...

2A Georgia:

--- Quote from: Firewalker on May 31, 2023, 06:11:19 PM ---I have a 100 ideas for you but I have to get through this summer and mommas hunny-do list first.

--- End quote ---
I was going to have a work buddy 3D print a rear peep sight for my 2240 but a milled aluminum one crossed my mind.
Such a small part not sure if the project would be cost effective for either of us but PM me if you're interested.

As a suggestion moding a 2240 and 13xx valve and posting before and after chrony results might get you a fan base .....
A ton of us believe a 6fpe stock gun can be modded to a hunter....
Welcome to GTA sir.

IOWOLF:
Some of you wanted to see what I have done in the past. I found some of the crosman 1100/DAQ shot pistol Shells I made some of them are aluminum I don't do the stainless steel anymore, And one Was commercially made back in the day don't know if they do anymore.

Of course it won't let me post a friggin picture.

Rick67:

--- Quote from: IOWOLF on May 31, 2023, 08:12:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Firewalker on May 31, 2023, 06:11:19 PM ---I have a 100 ideas for you but I have to get through this summer and mommas hunny-do list first.

--- End quote ---

You could start with scribbles on a napkin, That's how a lot of my jobs get started.

--- End quote ---

I'd start with something simple, e.g., 22xx SSG device in brass or SS that looks really nice---- send out feelers.

The ones I've seen are just too crude with hardware nuts looking like sore eyes.

You could replace those with something machined and knurled.

..or silencer adapters in brass, alum, or SS.

Complex stuff are not worth the effort, IMHO.

IOWOLF:

--- Quote from: Rick67 on June 01, 2023, 12:36:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: IOWOLF on May 31, 2023, 08:12:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

You could start with scribbles on a napkin, That's how a lot of my jobs get started.

--- End quote ---

I'd start with something simple, e.g., 22xx SSG device in brass or SS that looks really nice---- send out feelers.

The ones I've seen are just too crude with hardware nuts looking like sore eyes.

You could replace those with something machined and knurled.

..or silencer adapters in brass, alum, or SS.

Complex stuff are not worth the effort, IMHO.

--- End quote ---

Show me, as I don't know what a  SSG is, though I know and have a 2240 based gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version