GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > 3D printing and files

Marauder .177 and .22 mag rotors and single shot trays for longer projectiles

(1/2) > >>

subscriber:
A member asked me to produce STLs that would support the conversion of a .25 Marauder to shoot longer .177 or .22 projectiles.   The .177 and .22 barrels would need 1/2" shanks and the same rearward reach as the stock .25 Marauder.

I used STLs for stock Marauder parts off the web and some measurements provided by the member to achieve the attached designs.  Apart from that, these designs are untried, so you might want to print one of each and try it for fit and function, before completing the set.

As I generated the part files, editing them for improved fit or function should be easy.

First ZIP file contains deep rotor STLs for .177 and .22.  Will post single shot trays in reply due to file size limitations.

subscriber:
Long .177 and .22 single shot tray STLs attached...

Suggested Print Orientation:
I notice that when printing the part as shown below, the curvature of the trough is more accurately rounded than if the part is perpendicular on the printer platen - see images below. 

The second image shows another print orientation, but that results in the bottom of the trough being flat, which would raise the projectile relative to the barrel bore line.    However, the first orientation would need some supports turned on in the slicer.

rsterne:
Sub, the .stl files in the second post are the same as in the first.... no single shot trays.... If you notice, both .zip folders are 1839.48 KB....

Bob

subscriber:
Thanks for caching that, Bob.  It was sloppy of me.

Also thank you very much for sending me the link to your deep Marauder mag caliber conversion exercise:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=117960.msg1135072#msg1135072

The correct Single Shot Tray STLs are small, so no need to ZIP them - attached below:

subscriber:
I have asked the mods to remove the incorrect zip file, as that is just going to waste people's time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version