GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Korean Gate

JSB .22 Beast pellets in need of a rifle - Eagle Claw?

(1/5) > >>

JustSomeGuy:
Hello all,

Years ago, I ordered four tins of JSB Monsters for a Brocock HP Sniper I had. Except I accidentally ordered the Beasts and didn't realize my mistake until many months later.

Specifically, I am talking about the JSB Exact Jumbo Beast 33.95 grain pellets.

I have been eyeing up the Seneca Eagle Claw as a powerful and interesting option that might shoot these extra pellets that have been sitting in my closet for so long. It also seems like it could be used with lighter pellets as well with the power turned down, making it a decent hunting gun for everything from sparrows to racoons.

Anyone have thoughts on the Beasts in an Eagle Claw?

Thank you,
-JSG

Back_Roads:
 I do not have an Eagle Claw, but feel the gun would be up to the task, if you are not set on having an underlever action, you may also consider the AEA Challenger in .22, I have the .30 version, good basic powerful rifles.
https://utahairguns.com/aea-challenger-standard/

JustSomeGuy:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on May 13, 2023, 12:21:47 PM --- I do not have an Eagle Claw, but feel the gun would be up to the task, if you are not set on having an underlever action, you may also consider the AEA Challenger in .22, I have the .30 version, good basic powerful rifles.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Back_Roads. I found a few pictures of a group Steve from AEAC shot with the Beasts out of an Eagle Claw and it looked pretty good. I think it was in his backyard so not particularly long range, but a good chance it might shoot "minute-of-racoon-vitals."

I have been looking at the AEA Challengers and am considering one in .357 or .457, down the line, to scratch the big bore itch.

smythsg:
Nothing against the Eagle Claw good sir, but the Airforce guns could handle the task as well if you are into those rifles.

JustSomeGuy:

--- Quote from: smythsg on May 14, 2023, 08:39:22 AM ---Nothing against the Eagle Claw good sir, but the Airforce guns could handle the task as well if you are into those rifles.

--- End quote ---

I do really like the Airforce guns, but something about the lines of the Eagle Claw is peaking my interest, and a magazine would be nice for hunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version