GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Coyote #6 - slug to the head

(1/2) > >>

max115:
After many multiple nights of failure, I finally got lucky and dropped this mangy coyote with my Impact shooting the H&N Gen2 25gr slug.

Footage might be a bit gruesome to watch as the coyote didn't die right away.  I had to do follow up shots to finish it.  I knew the first shot would have been enough as my previous coyotes hunt have all been head shots and they all died shortly.  Unfortunately, this one struggled a bit longer than I would like.

I did my job and the farmer was very happy the threat to his live stocks was eliminated for now.

Tonycalves:
Nice shot! That dog was bobbing and weaving. After its down and not dead the adrenalin really starts pumping making follow ups even harder, I get it. I've had e mangy animals in my yard this year not even 3 months deep. Are you seeing more mangy animals where you are?

max115:
@Tonycalves.  Thank you.  Ya it was frantic for sure.  There seems to be a few more sick coyotes in this area.  I am currently setting up at another location where the coyotes captured in the trail cam were bigger and healthier looking.  Hopefully I will get my opportunity again.

longislandhunter:
Great  video, really enjoyed it.  Thanks for sharing the hunt with us.   Good shooting sir  :)

Jeff

max115:
@longislandhunter.  Thank you for watching.  My pleasure to share the experience with you all.  Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version