GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Cutting left-hand threads on a Chinese small lathe?

<< < (5/6) > >>

sb327:
Amazing the process you’re going through for this. I took the lazy way out and 3D printed some gears for my micro lathe.

Awesome work.

Dave

happymecanic:

--- Quote from: Rob M on March 05, 2023, 07:10:56 PM ---looks great , ever consider extending the travel on any of your lathe tailstocks ? I considered it at one point , but quickly realized it was quite the project

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rob!

Yes I considered extending the travel of the tailstock, I'm currently gathering parts for that. How would that be related to making gears on my lathe?

happymecanic:

--- Quote from: sb327 on March 05, 2023, 07:51:05 PM ---Amazing the process you’re going through for this. I took the lazy way out and 3D printed some gears for my micro lathe.

Awesome work.

Dave

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave!

I don’t have a machinist course, so I use my projects as a ’’school’’ to learn. No better way to learn than to do it I believe. My ’’school manual’’ is the Machinery’s Handbook, lots to learn from it.

Cheers!

Rob M:

kwk posted a tailstock leadscrew, and i got mixed up lol

KWK:
Ok, I'll take the blame. LOL

This really is an interesting post. All this with a china lathe and milling attachment. Industrious man. Keep going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version