GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

100 yd Akela again

(1/1)

Knothead:
I shot today at 100 with the 12.5 Neilsen slugs.
Wind was nill to 5 mph and it was nice out.
I finally put up a backer with 6 targets and shot more with less walking.
I still can’t hit extra or master with it, but I’m having fun and out of 12.5’s. Back to the 10.5 jsbs until my next 4k of 12’s arrive.
I need to test around with speed a bit and see if that helps the groups.
Every day I shoot I have fun and learn something.

customcutter:
Thanks for posting Mark!  I'll try another search and see what I find for velocities.  My .117 Akela arrives tomorrow.  I'll definitely order some Nielsen 12.5's.

Thanks, Ken

Knothead:
I opened a search and put my nic in knothead
It returned all my posts :)
you could also search for akela shot string.

In this thread
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=202126.msg156370069#msg156370069

Heres a post from the other forum AGN from here
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/akela-177-shot-string.1219202/page-2#post-1326371

I shortened my .177 Akela hammer spring to 2.57, and 1 1/2 turns on the spring tension.
I shot 100 shots of 10.3 brown box crosman pellets. My old chronograph only holds 100 shot strings.
Here’s the results off a 3000 psi fill
905 high
835 low
881 avg
70 es
16 sd
Had below 2k when I stopped, sorry I didn’t write it down.
When I finished I sighted the 1/5 scale chicken at 25 yards. Moved to 50 for the pig and 75 for the turkey. All were hit, No go on the ram at 100.
Swapped to 10 gn knockouts, had to move right and down at the 25. 1/2 mil up on the chicken at 25, crosshair center brought a ring from the pig at 50, half a mill got the turkey at 75 and a mill went over the ram at 100. Bracketing between the 1/2 and the mill brought a nice ring for three in a row on the ram at 100.
I’ll get it on paper, but for me and fun I’m there. I mostly shoot steel and like the ring. Now I can sit for 100 shots…if I’m inclined between fills.
Now for the this shouldn’t work part
I have a puff of air out of the power adjuster on every shot. I assume it’s got a o ring, I have not looked yet. Found it when I had the gun in sandbags and was holding it there.
I put two in a brand new bean can at 35 yards. First in was a larger hole, second in may have made it a tiny bit bigger, the out hole appears the same.
Ought to be a critter gun around the chickens if need be.

--- Quote from: customcutter on December 09, 2022, 10:48:04 PM ---Thanks for posting Mark!  I'll try another search and see what I find for velocities.  My .117 Akela arrives tomorrow.  I'll definitely order some Nielsen 12.5's.

Thanks, Ken

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version