GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Best gas ram air rifle

<< < (2/8) > >>

AirGunner:
I know what you are saying. I own cheap and expensive coil spring and gas ram springers. I enjoy the all, but I wish all were gas ram. On average after 4000 to 5000 shots it's a broken spring. I have no idea what the best gas ram is ,and there you have it.

SteveP-52:
Random lame 2 cents?? It's subjective to the shooter and what good or bad luck they've had with whatever brands they've tried.

-HW90 or anything with a Theoben gas ram? Can't honestly say having never owned one. Find actual owners and ask their thoughts and opinions. They do seem to be the longest in production gas ram systems and although a bit changed are still being made.

-Diana N-Tecs. Again, never owned one and the little I have read, owners love them although not much on longevity and one or maybe 2 that had failures and needed new ones.

-Hatsan. Own or have quite a few. Only ones I ever had go bad on me were ones I tinkered with and screwed up, not because they failed on their own although I've read plenty on good, middle of the road and very early failures. They aren't sealed units and fairly easy to rebuild/recharge.

There's others. Umarex ReAxis gas pistons: owned 2, one failed new out of the box. Crosman/Benjamin: owned one bought as a refurb so was it because of the Nitro piston? Norica: own one, still shooting fine. Gamo: have one of those too bought used at a yard sale so no idea how many shots on it. Gas ram seems fine but truly lousy barrel and shotgun groups.

End conclusion? Buy that HW90 or the Diana, shoot the bejesus out of them and enjoy until something happens...lol

mrbulk:
I'm not a springer shooter but, is this gun gas ram the same or similar idea to the one they use for hood or tailgate struts on vehicles? Because I have had cars with hoods/tailgates where the struts started sagging over time.

SteveP-52:

--- Quote from: mrbulk on August 25, 2021, 01:31:04 AM ---I'm not a springer shooter but, is this gun gas ram the same or similar idea to the one they use for hood or tailgate struts on vehicles? Because I have had cars with hoods/tailgates where the struts started sagging over time.

--- End quote ---

Same basic idea. The ones for cars are usually filled with nitrogen at something like 1500 psi or 103ish bar. The ones for air guns can be either nitrogen or just plain air depending on what the maker chose to use but are higher pressured. I've tinkered with the smaller Hatsan rams, Model 95, Edge/Striker/1000X, they use air under high pressure and why you need a high pressure hand pump to recharge them. Usual fill pressure for the smaller Hatsan rams is 125 bar or 1813 psi. The bigger ones, 125-135 and such are usually 135 bar although the printing on the ram bodies claims they can be filled to a max of 150 bar.

All that is held in check by o-rings that, over time and use, start to wear and the air or nitrogen starts to leak out.

Nate the airgunner:
Hw90 hands down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version