GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

Getting a NSA .22 to open up better ... a LOT better !

<< < (4/11) > >>

subscriber:
Gripping the sharpened Philips bit in a drill press chuck and setting the limit stop would seem more to enable a more repeatable hollow point wall thinning, than tapping the bit with a hammer.

Imagine the die or mold HP core pin having that shape already.  Calling Nick...

woogie_man:
Ok thats awesome!!

Wonder how hard it would be to make some parts for a reloading press.  Be easy to pump out modified ammo.  Have a cup base to hold the slug, and a modified dye to be pushed into the slug.  With the dye you would be able to accurately control the depth of the splits,  instead if the " tap tap tap" method.

I do have a dye set that I use to modify .22lr shells and it works great.  Wonder if I can find a tip to use in that.
Hmmmmm

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: subscriber on January 13, 2021, 10:40:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Motorhead on January 12, 2021, 09:12:40 PM ---Just did @ 100 JSA .177 @ 12.5 grains using a "0" size jewelers Phillips tip.

--- End quote ---

Anything shot with those will be screwed :)

--- End quote ---

I see what ya did there ... clever  ;)

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: sicumj on January 13, 2021, 08:56:35 AM ---If you have a drill press you can make a jig to hold the slug and use the drill press for an arbor press.  For those who have a hard time being consistant with a hammer. 

--- End quote ---

LIGHT hammer .. I'm using this:

Weight just 4 ounces and can be purchased threw E-bay https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9LtbsKf9fRYwALZuWnIlQ;_ylu=c2VjA2ZwLWF0dHJpYgRzbGsDcnVybA--/RV=2/RE=1610586732/RO=11/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ebay.com%2fitm%2fJEWELERS-HAMMER-BRASS-AND-NYLON-HEAD-MALLET-METALSMITH-JEWELRY-MAKING-5-8-FACE-%2f200821409491/RK=2/RS=qJbP16un14LwCtVNbIpjRCFj_ow-

sicumj:
Funny, I have that same hammer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version