GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

GTA directory > Dealer Area

Canada Post/USPS shipping delays

(1/1)

WesBob:
Hi Guys, just wanted to mention that delays are happening through Canada Post/USPS when shipping to the USA, because of this Covid-19 trouble. I've had a few packages take an extra 4 or 5 days at customs before finally getting into the mail stream again, plus its slow going.
I do have DHL 3 day shipping now to the USA for scopes and parts. I'd reccomend using that service for a couple more dollars if possible.
Thanks,
Wes

joer:

--- Quote from: WesBob on April 30, 2020, 11:19:42 PM ---Hi Guys, just wanted to mention that delays are happening through Canada Post/USPS when shipping to the USA, because of this Covid-19 trouble. I've had a few packages take an extra 4 or 5 days at customs before finally getting into the mail stream again, plus its slow going.
I do have DHL 3 day shipping now to the USA for scopes and parts. I'd reccomend using that service for a couple more dollars if possible.
Thanks,
Wes

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update Wes.  Yup, the mail route is really slow now.  My scope shipped 4/20 and it was stuck in customs from 4/24 to 5/2.  It's been sitting with USPS since 5/2 and not moving.  It is already two weeks and one day in transit.  Yes, DHL would be a better alternative.

-Joe

WesBob:
Sorry to hear that Joe. Hopefully you'll get it soon.
I've made my first DHL shipment last night, to be picked up today and no one came, so not the best start but I expect they'll come tomorrow now. It still should be a lot faster than Canada Post/USPS! 🙂

RichH:

--- Quote from: joer on May 05, 2020, 10:13:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: WesBob on April 30, 2020, 11:19:42 PM ---Hi Guys, just wanted to mention that delays are happening through Canada Post/USPS when shipping to the USA, because of this Covid-19 trouble. I've had a few packages take an extra 4 or 5 days at customs before finally getting into the mail stream again, plus its slow going.
Thanks,
Wes

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update Wes.  Yup, the mail route is really slow now.  My scope shipped 4/20 and it was stuck in customs from 4/24 to 5/2.  It's been sitting with USPS since 5/2 and not moving.  It is already two weeks and one day in transit.  Yes, DHL would be a better alternative.

-Joe

--- End quote ---

I was told by USPS that the drastically reduced number of passenger plane flights has really impacted their operation. Items will be held some times a few days if no flight available.

joer:

--- Quote from: RichH on May 05, 2020, 10:56:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: joer on May 05, 2020, 10:13:37 PM ---
Thanks,
Wes

--- End quote ---

-Joe

--- End quote ---

I was told by USPS that the drastically reduced number of passenger plane flights has really impacted their operation. Items will be held some times a few days if no flight available.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense.  USPS in Chicago has had my package since 5/2.  I guess it is wait listed for a flight to California.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version