GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Pistol Class Field Target

Looking for PFT options

(1/2) > >>

d.lead.slinger:
Since the club I shoot at will now hold a PFT match after the normal field target match, I will be needing another pellet slinger.
Looks like the readily available choice would be a 1720T but I like to run against the grain a little, so I am looking at other options.  It seems the pistols that fit the requirements are not plentiful, and the ones I have found are quite expensive. After a little research, I am now thinking of cutting down a rifle to make it fit into the AAFTA requirements.
I would like to shoot the entire match without a refill so thinking of something with a bottle... Maybe a Gauntlet if I could make it fit the length requirements. Also, I wouldn't feel so bad about cutting one of those up.
Anyone have a measurement from the end of the bottle to the back of the action? Current rules say the gun cannot be longer than 25".

Scotchmo:
It’s 22” to the back of the action. If you cut the buttstock off and leave the grip, it will still be under 25”. A 15” barrel will be about 1” short of the end of the tank. Looks a little funny but it’s legal.

Motorhead:
I shot a cut down BSA Scorpion in 2018 and it came in just under 25"
Shoots great !!  while making over 70 shots on a fill at @ 12 FPE

d.lead.slinger:
Looks like I will be cutting down a rifle for PFT... WHOHOOO.. Come on black Friday!! ;D

--- Quote from: Scotchmo on November 14, 2018, 02:03:55 PM ---It’s 22” to the back of the action. If you cut the buttstock off and leave the grip, it will still be under 25”. A 15” barrel will be about 1” short of the end of the tank. Looks a little funny but it’s legal.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info! I assume it is a hollow stock so I would probably have to make some grips for it... Definitely not going to be a pretty gun

--- Quote from: Motorhead
link=topic=150706.msg1540151#msg1540151 date=1542224402 ---I shot a cut down BSA Scorpion in 2018 and it came in just under 25"
Shoots great !!  while making over 70 shots on a fill at @ 12 FPE

--- End quote ---
Awsome... Another option!

Scotchmo:

--- Quote from: d.lead.slinger on November 14, 2018, 04:29:16 PM ---Looks like I will be cutting down a rifle for PFT... WHOHOOO.. Come on black Friday!! ;D

--- Quote from: Scotchmo on November 14, 2018, 02:03:55 PM ---It’s 22” to the back of the action. If you cut the buttstock off and leave the grip, it will still be under 25”. A 15” barrel will be about 1” short of the end of the tank. Looks a little funny but it’s legal.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info! I assume it is a hollow stock so I would probably have to make some grips for it... Definitely not going to be a pretty gun

--- End quote ---

On most hollow plastic stocks, the web between the grip and the butt extends down quite a bit. You can probably get away with simply cutting off the buttstock at 25" (24.9"?) from the front of the bottle. There might be a small opening/recess remaining in the bottom rear of the grip. Fill it with bondo and paint it black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version