GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Back Room

Can you bring an airgun to Hawaii

<< < (3/3)

PeterC:
Pre-pandemic I traveled 3-4 times to Hawaii with my airguns (usually two). I just declare at check in I  am checking a firearm and fill out the form. I drain the air from the rifles and pack in a locked hard case with nothing else but the rifles in the case. I have one case that will hold two rifles and never had a problem.
Only time that I know of my case being opened is at San Francisco because they don't have TSA they use a private company that had the contract pre-TSA and they open and inspect all firearm cases. I try to fly out of San Jose to avoid the check
My suitcase with pellets/slugs almost always gets opened. Sometimes I am packing a lot of lead so on the x-ray scan it probably looks suspicious.
One thing to remember if you have a big bore or other rifle and planning on bringing your hand pump check to make sure you can fill from empty with a pump. Most of my big bores need a shot of air from a tank to close the valve. If you have a divers card you can rent a tank just bring a scuba tank fill adapter.

Lewis:
Hellow everyone; we are looking to go to Maui in December and I am really interested in bringing my air rifles to do some hunting. I have done a little research and it seems that you can only hunt on private land. Any suggestions on where to look for places ? I would like to take a small pig, goat or even maybe some wild chickens. Any direction on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: Lewis on September 05, 2021, 10:04:23 PM ---Hellow everyone; we are looking to go to Maui in December and I am really interested in bringing my air rifles to do some hunting. I have done a little research and it seems that you can only hunt on private land. Any suggestions on where to look for places ? I would like to take a small pig, goat or even maybe some wild chickens. Any direction on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Correct,

Airgun hunting only in private property with owners permission and hunting license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version