GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

1st official target

(1/2) > >>

Scotchmo:
One of my buddies has a great airgun shooting range. He sets up a very target rich arrangement. Three of us got together today for a fun afternoon of shooting. Targets go out to 135 yards. I got in some FT practice as well as stretching the legs on my Marauder. I had no luck on the 135 yard targets but he did have a row of GTA 4 MOA targets setup. We each took a few 100 yard sighter shots and then shot 5 at our designated target.

I was shooting a .177 and the other two were shooting .22 and .25 caliber rifles. I think they each hit about 1.3" CTC. My .177 Marauder is 19 fpe and setup for FT. It does very well out to 50-60 yards but opens up some at longer distances.

This is unofficial because I did not know the rules yet, so I did not get any range pictures. I do have two witnesses!

In the future, I may try again with my 34fpe Sumatra. And then I'll post an official target along with range pictures.

Edit: range picture added to make it official

The gun is a standard GEN1 Marauder with a regulator,  a UTG/Leapers 3-12x44 SWAT scope, and a Harris style bipod.

Deckard1973:
Good shooting!!

Tims229:
That is some good shooting. Is that the skirts sticking out that I'm seeing? I suppose there isn't much energy left after 100 yards with .117 pellets.

Scotchmo:

--- Quote from: Tims229 on February 10, 2016, 06:19:56 PM ---That is some good shooting. Is that the skirts sticking out that I'm seeing? I suppose there isn't much energy left after 100 yards with .117 pellets.

--- End quote ---
Before taking the picture of the finished target, I stuck some copper plated pellets in the holes. It makes the location of the small .177 holes more obvious.

The CPH leaving at 900fps should still have about 7 or 8fpe remaining at 100 yards.

There is about 30" of total drop at 100 yards. I sight in for the apex at 26 yards, and use about 18" holdover for 100 yards.

Tims229:
Impressive sir

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version