GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

BAM B-40 Breech seal fabrication

(1/1)

DMikeM:
Does anyone here make there own breech seals? If so what are the dimensions? I ordered some 1/2 inch and some 3/8 inch urethane 75D just as a guess, since I am at work I couldn't measure it. I imagine if I get the right diameter I can drill it then bore out the opening with a Dremil tool to fit the barrel port.

I tried to order some from Best Airguns this morning but Mike Melick tells me they are no longer available. And mine looks a little chewed up.  >:(

SDale:
You could use 3/8 Poly Tubing. Same stuff as ice maker tubing, just larger diameter.

Just cut a piece thats about the same length as the old seal, press it into the seal cavity and you're good to go. A piece of small diameter rubber air hose would work too.

DMikeM:
You think 3/8? Since I have been home I was able to measure the hole and it looks to be 1/2 inch. I laid an old tore up seal on the tape and see about the same.
I will look into it. Thanks

SDale:
I just sort of guessed 3/8. I don't have a b40, but I thought I remembered someone using that diameter hose for a seal.

DMikeM:
Whats real funny is I had some high pressure fuel line hose sitting on the bench right in front of my air gun stuff. I looked up at it and fit it in the spare compression tube I have for my gun and it is a perfect fit. so I cut a small section to size and ran the Dremel in it a few times to open it up for the barrel and it fits tight and fine. Turns out I also have some hand pump hose that's the same size as well. I think I will soak a chunk of the fuel hose in motor oil for an hour and then try fitting it in to see if I get an even better fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version