GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Well I am going to convert my g1 to .22

(1/2) > >>

Springer25:
I decided to convert my g1 to a .22  I just ordered parts from crosman today.  So I have the Tarantula spring, apex seal, going to have Pete's custom delrin guide set.  And the Tac 1 .22 cal barrel with the jamspring/alivejam,  I also ordered extra piston seals, muzzle breaks with screws, breach seals, another lever assembly another spring.  just incase

I am hoping the stronger spring works well with the .22 cal.  Anyone else do this conversion?

bwana:
Sounds like a fun project. I've thought about it but wasn't sure the Tac 1 barrel would fit. Let us know how it comes out.

a1Bogey:
I was going to do the same project several months ago but at the time .22 barrels where not availible from Crosman.    Still want to do it though.  Do you think or know if Crosman will attach the lever works to the barrel for a customer?  It sure would help.

Keep us informed on the project.

Bogey

Springer25:
If you go online to the website you will see that the part #'s are the same for almost everything on the rifle.  that same powerplant is used for the crosman gun line.  the quest800x does have a different spring in it.  but the others are all the same.

SDale:
I installed the terrantula spring, tesla seal and machined my own guides for a Quest 800. She's a lively one!!! Good thing the G1 has a polymer stock, I had to pin the wrist area of the wooden Quest stock to keep it from snapping.

After a barrel chop job down to around 13 inches, she's pushing mid to upper 800's in .22 depending on the pellet. The shot cycle is FAST, but fairly smooth and linear. Accuracy is very good. Before the barrel chop, recoil was stiff and it made follow through a bit tough. After the chop, the recoil is fast enough that it's more like shooting a firearm. A quick jolt and it's done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version