GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Removing and installing an XS208 trigger unit using drift pins

(1/1)

Brutuz:

--- Quote from: tjk on July 21, 2010, 12:34:38 PM ---Another little hint would be to make some "drift pins" with the same diameter as the trigger block pins that hold everything together. Make them just short enough that you can tap them into the existing pins and "drift" them out. And short enough where you can back the internals out with the compressor while they're inside the trigger block. If you don't, when re-assembling the action, you'll have a hard time re inserting the pins through the trigger block/saftey slide. "Drift them out, and Drift them back in"!! I've found that lesson to be a major PITA from past experiences!!!! The 34 is an easy gun to work on,....and alot easier with the drift pins too. HTH's tjk 

--- End quote ---

Thanks to tjk for the post above I've made two drift pins, used them on my XS208 and made a video:

Works like a charm: thanks tjk  8)

ezman604:
Excellent video Brutuz. Thanks for sharing!!!!
Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

tjk:
As usual Brutuz,...another excellent video. Man you've got some media talent there Bro' !! Glad I could help out. Our BB-Guns aren't exactly rocket science to work on,...but a few tricks of the trade makes life alot easier,....without the use for colorful words while performing routine maintanance. Believe me, I've used a bunch and have come up with many a combination of words too!!!! LOL's tjk

Brutuz:
Thanks guys  8)

Brutuz:
Tested accuracy today, open sights, rested, 5 shots each bull:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version