GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

Chop job

(1/5) > >>

JonnyReb:
  So i've got this little TF58 contender, a beautifully sized gun, side cocker, .177.  A nice little gun i got for about $60.00 a year or two ago. It never shot accurately no matter what pellet i tried so it sat most of the time. Last week i got mad at it and chopped the barrel off :) I ground a crown out as best i could and jb pasted everything smooth. Accuracy remained about the same(30yrds2"+) although i'll say that it lightened it up nicely. I'finally ran a chrony on it and found a 30fps varience that probably explains a lot. I've never torn down a springer before but i figure this one is a good canidate. Is this a fairly easy gun to tear down and is it worth a rebuild? What supplier would you folks reccomend as the best one for my required replacement parts? Thanks guys..J

Fisherdude:
Its a nice looking rifle and I have an affinity for side cockers. Were she mine, I would certainly tear her down and re-build her.  You can do it, you have the technology, you can make her better than before.  Well, at least it sounded good.  In the GTA library, there is an explanation on how to tune a Fast Deer that should be close to what you have.  There is also a section on how to make a leather seal if you need one.  If you get stumped, just make a post and we will chime in with some help.

JonnyReb:
  Thanks Fisherdude, i'll see what i can do to her and if i have any trouble i'll sure post.  Jeff

454 Big Block Chevy:
WIN!!!

JonnyReb:
 Now i gotta make that spring compressor... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version