GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Czech & Russian Air Guns

Opinions on Czech airguns

(1/3) > >>

Kailua:
Some of these Czech airguns got my interest.  Only because it seems reasonably priced.  I know the Air Arms S200 is a Czech made airgun.  Ribbonstone had sort of review on a Alpha Project CO2 target rifle.  Just curious if anyone else has opinions on these airguns.
http://topgun-airguns.com/rifles-fromCZ.html
http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=45576.0

SciGuy:
Over the years I've owned several Czech guns.  I currently have a 200 and it is great.  In the past I had a Tau 200 CO2 target rifle, and a couple of the Czech target pistols and a Slavia 631 break barrel.  All of them had great accuracy and were a pleasure to shoot and I never had a single problem with any of them.  The CZ barrels are some of the best to be found.

ac12:
The TAU-200 is a nice rifle.
But the factory spec for the accuracy is not up to tier-1 match accuracy.
The trigger isn't a tier-1 trigger, but seems to be OK for a tier-2 rifle.
The metal on the receiver is not thick, so the sight rail is shallow.  You have to be careful to get the rear sight installed correctly and the mount engages the receiver at all points.
The new stock looks better than the older stock that I have.
I cannot install riser blocks under the front sight, as it is one piece with the mount that goes around the barrel.

I rather use it bulk fill rather than with cartridges, but I already have a bulk setup for my AP.  The bulk fill on the TAU-200 is "odd."  First you fill a transfer tank from your bulk tank, then you use the transfer tank to fill the tank on the rifle.  This is probably because the tank on the rifle is not removable.

Kailua:
So if you had to choose a good CO2 rifle (with a scope mounted) what would be a good choice.  The ones that come to mind is the QBs,  Avanti, Crosman Challenger,  or the Czech air rifles.

Then again I like the looks of the CZ 200 T.

SciGuy:
If you like to tinker then a QB is my suggestion.  My AR2079a (target version of the QB79) is a great rifle, but i have worked it over a lot and put a lot of aftermarket parts on it.  Depending on how I tune it it will shoot great from 12 FPE up to 19 FPE.  My CZ200TA has never had a thing done to it and at 12 FPE shoots fantastic.

So, if you want to tinker QB.  If you want a gun that will shoot great without needing to play with it then CZ200.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version