GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > UK Airgun Gate

BSA Lightning XL with pics

(1/3) > >>

Tpatner412:
Got my new BSA 3-12x44 scope today from Natchez and immediately threw it on top of the BSA Lightning XL and began to sight it in.  Got it shooting fairly straight  and then went to shoot some groups.  Got a few dime sized 5 shot groupings, nothing too spectacular but it has been a while since I shot a springer so I have to figure out how to shoot the thing first. 

Now for some of the more gun related things:

-The trigger is very solid.  First stage is pretty much just pulling air and when you feel the second stage take over it just breaks like glass and the pellet is on its way. 
-The fit and finish is phenomenal.  Nice checkering on the stock.  It is a carbine but feels very good.
-Cocking effort isn't too bad. Maybe 35 lbs.  But because it's a carbine it has a pretty short cocking stroke.
-The barrel is shrouded and it keeps things pretty quiet, I wouldn't say it's any quieter than my Whisper but the sound is much shorter and a lot less twangy.
-Recoil is a pretty solid knock but no worse any of my other guns.

I will try and get some chrony numbers this weekend and I will post them back here.

Jonesin:
I think that is the same scope I was looking at from them for my 890. Nice looking shooter, bro. Here is the question I asked: http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php/topic,3140.0.html

Cliff

Tpatner412:
I would definitely go for it at that price. Optics are really clear and it's very easy to adjust

Jonesin:
That's the AO one, right? See my link I added to my above post.

Cliff

Tpatner412:
Yes it has AO. I have a few leapers scopes. No leapers scope will beat this for the money. I seriously doubt that it wont stand up to just about any springer. I would jump on it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version