GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Wood Chop Shop (Working with wood)

refinishing my 1st stock

(1/1)

aack73:
you guys have been inspirational. ;D not done yet but am very happy so far with the results. lots and lots of sanding (can't sand it enough) and even more rubbing and more rubbing. it's smooth "soft" and slick as a baby's derriere. think i'm gonna do all my wood stocks in this stuff. i would recommend this even to someone who has never. just follow the directions (novel concept :D :D ;D) and it works as stated ;D 

pics don't do it justice, have to touch it. just wish i had a nice piece of wood and more time to rub it in. ;D

farrlarr:

--- Quote from: aack73 on December 22, 2011, 11:09:43 PM ---you guys have been inspirational. ;D not done yet but am very happy so far with the results. lots and lots of sanding (can't sand it enough) and even more rubbing and more rubbing. it's smooth "soft" and slick as a baby's derriere. think i'm gonna do all my wood stocks in this stuff. i would recommend this even to someone who has never. just follow the directions (novel concept :D :D ;D) and it works as stated ;D 

pics don't do it justice, have to touch it. just wish i had a nice piece of wood and more time to rub it in. ;D

--- End quote ---

What "stuff" did you use?  You don't say anywhere in the post.

trevlavo:
yeah, inquiring minds wanna know.  i got me some tru oil im gonna try out.

aack73:
sorry between coats. ;D royal london oil  here is a link with the directions.  sand it, and sand it again. put more than 4 coats of the novice finish to start with, if you want a glossy finish. ;D

forgot link  :-\   http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251486/42975.htm

lizzie:
Very nice- thanks for the info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version