GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

54 Airking Pro question

(1/6) > >>

RANGER94:
Hello!  I apologize if this has been covered in the past.  I am toying with the idea of purchasing a 54 Airking Pro - I really like the look of that laminate stock.  About how long can it be kept cocked?  If I am hunting squirrels, I was curious if there were problems keeping it cocked for a while??

HOSPassassin:
Leaving it cocked for 30-60 minutes while you wait for a shot - probably not a problem.
Leaving it cocked from one Saturday hunting trip to the next - you might get away with it, but I wouldn't.
Leaving it cocked over the off-season - it will almost certainly permanently alter the spring.

Hope this helps!

BTW, if you can hump a 54 around in the woods you have my admiration.  :D A 34/36 is more of the woods walker gun among Diana springers, so I hear.

RANGER94:
that was funny.  Thanks!!!

I guess I am looking for keeping cocked in my spot for a couple of hours, I guess that maybe OK?

Roadworthy:
Brendan pretty well nailed it but are you sure you want to take a gun that heavy afield?  Are you sure you want the laminate stock?  Do a bit of surfing.  I don't know the percentage but there are reports of the laminate stocks breaking in the area of the grip.

RANGER94:
Will do!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version