GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

Bored Sunday night question...

(1/7) > >>

Kragman1:
What would you say the four "Mount Rushmore" German air rifles would/should be?
Is the sense of their influence on the sport and its development.
I'm thinking the Diana 34 for starters, because it seems to be the gateway gun to good German springers.  Possibly the HW 77 or 97, because of its FT prominence.  Then.....?

This post is just a fun way to gab about some good German airguns so no name calling, eye gouging or nose pulling.  😁

Roadworthy:
I'll add the Diana 48 or 52 (same gun) as a great value highly accurate fixed barrel rifle for a reasonable price.

Toxylon:
D34 for sure, D48/52 certainly, HW77 absolutely (97 is too young and too derivative to qualify), and the fourth qualifierer I suppose would have to be HW35.

The Mount RushAir needs to have guns that took the airgunning world by storm, being groundbreaking, far-reaching and long-lived.

Yeah, you could say the D34 didn't break much ground, but it's status as the first (and in many cases only) high-power (for the time) quality springer for millions of people, with field capabilities as good as any, and a 35+ year production run make it a phenomenon.

Cslinger:
Diana 34 - Gateway drug for many and high power for the time.
HW35 - One of the OG “modern designs”
HW77 - absolutely nailed its purpose and spawned the 97
HW30 - it is THE air rifle everybody owns or should own and has been for a very long time.

avator:
I agree, based on the popularity, at least on this forum, the HW30 belongs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version