GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

HW 50 piston seal?

(1/3) > >>

doninva:
Which piston seal works best in HW50 .177. Looking at the Vortex or the Air Rifle Headquarters seals. Thanks, Don

jccams:

--- Quote from: doninva on January 14, 2023, 11:33:13 AM ---Which piston seal works best in HW50 .177. Looking at the Vortex or the Air Rifle Headquarters seals. Thanks, Don

--- End quote ---
Go with the vortek,  ARH requires sizing.  You should pick up a little speed with the vortek also.

Deerstalker:
I used Vortek seal for my HW95L after dieseling ruined my Weihrauch factory seal.

Denby95:
I've never used a vortek seal but I've used quite a few ARH seals. Sizing a seal to your receiver is easy. You can chuck your seal up in a drill, hold a little 400 grit sand paper to it and size it perfectly to your gun through trial and error. As I understand it you want about 2 pounds or so of pressure needed to push the seal and piston (I use a digital food scale to measure this pressure).

I would assume you'd need to size any seal even vortek if it is too large for your receiver. Otherwise if the seal is too loose or too tight, you're losing efficiency and output.

Yogi:
Do not forget about the Aussie seals.
Real good quality!

-Y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version