GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

Anyone still shooting a BAM XS-B-26-2?

(1/4) > >>

desmobob:
Back in 2017, I bought a Mike Melick fully-tuned .22 version with that high-comb thumbhole stock.  It is very nicely tuned and plenty accurate, but it's hard for me to shoot it accurately any way other than off the bench because the dimensions of that stock just don't work for me.  Because of this, it has spent the vast majority of its life in the gun cabinet.

I got it out today to do some shooting and the old love/hate feelings quickly returned.  I just sent a message to Mr. Melick to see if there are any options out there to re-stock this rifle.  If not, I may go after it with a wood rasp and see what happens (and I bet it won't be pretty!).

lillysdad621:
you are correct... those are fantastic rifles. The high comb was generally cut down and refinished, but if you did not have a wood working friend or the skills, a set of high mounts would solve your dilemma. I Still own one, a sporter stock one. I detuned it to shoot 11.2 fpe and replaced the barrel with a HW80 fullsize barrel (19 in and then some). After working the trigger within an inch of its life (it breaks at 8 oz.) i made essentially a copy of a rifle that is almost impossible to get, The marksman model 56. It is a fantastic, smooth, quiet and incredibly accurate rifle that will shoot .88 in group avg at 45 yards. I absolutely love them. would like to find a .22, even with the high comb. Ever thought of selling yours?

desmobob:
No thoughts of selling it; just thoughts of perfecting it.   :D

lillysdad621:
great canvasses for very nice rifles... don't be afraid to take that stock to a belt grinder... it will make short work from that high comb. If you ever get bored of it, keep me in mind ;)

Whirligig:
I have two in .177. They're great guns. With the right pellets, they are easily two of the most accurate guns in my collection, and I have, by any standard, a very large collection of airguns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version