All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

HW 50S Ordered

<< < (6/6)

Arch_E:
Great looking rifle!

Enjoy,

Archie

Cactus Kurt:
I wound up ditching the scope on the HW50s.  I wasn't having any issues (Leupold 3-9x40) but determined I prefer open sights with this rifle.

For me, the cheek weld is set up perfectly for using open sights.  Raise the rifle, open eyes, and I'm looking straight down the sights.  Instant target acquisition. 
Not so with a scope.  No reticle searching, zoom issues, parallax, etc.

The iron sights supplied with the HW50s are fantastic.  Many front/rear sight options.

For its effective range of about 50 yds, the difference in accuracy between scope/iron sights is apparent, but acceptable for me.

The rifle only weighs about 7 lbs... nice.  It's sooo light.  Add another pound?  I have other springers for that.

No scope hassles, which can be numerous as documented on this site.

If I can hit a 3" tin at 50 yds with open sights... I'm good.

Toxylon:
No scope makes life SO MUCH easier. And on many classic springers, the design and geometry sings the brightest with the classic sight option.

jackinil:
I totally "Get" using irons only but my aging eyes can't handle them very well. I do zero any new airgun with the irons before mounting a scope or red dot. I wish I had the eyes of a 20 year old!

KWK:
FWIW the UTG  medium height 2 piece rings with no stop or stop pin on my HW 50 haven't slipped yet. Holding a Hawke 2-7 x 32.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version