GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

Octoberfest

<< < (2/8) > >>

Denby95:
Here is a list of some of the serial numbers and a flaws they're hitting from the german forums. The 179 page thread covers alot more detail with pictures, correlated to serials as best as they can. The other issue that seems to come up is some are sleeved with a brass sleeve for 4.5mm and some seem to be 4.4mm. In the USA, 4.5 would be more ideal to work with our .177 bbs.

Source: https://www-co2air-de.translate.goog/thread/111290-seriennummern-diana-oktoberfestgewehr/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

no spot weld on the clamping rail, no running seal installed

no spot weld on clamping rail, V1 with 2019 serial number

Piston head with additional bolts, clamping rail reinforced by embossing, brass sleeve 4.5mm

cracked welds

Piston head with additional bolts, clamping rail reinforced by embossing, brass sleeve 4.5mm

no spot weld on clamping rail

Also a comparison of a v1 to a v3

https://www-co2air-de.translate.goog/thread/114001-unterschiede-diana-oktoberfestgewehr-v1-und-v3-welches-habe-ich/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc#post1061926860

HectorMedina:
Comparing Mandarins to Grapefruits

The "Neo" version is a rifle made for PROFESSIONAL OPERATORS of shooting galleries.  They are popular in German "Kirk-Messe" and they have a counter. The shot number is registered when you start and when you finish, and  you pay for the shots taken. You need to smash 5 or 10 ceramic "stars" (about 1" in diameter)  to get a prize for your girlfriend.
Some of the old Mod 30's are still working after MILLIONS of rounds.

The "Oktoberfest" is for end users. NO counter, no CNC  machining, no precision fitting. Yes there are several iterations, and the new ones seem to be doing better than the initial ones.
Ammo should be 4.4 mm's, H&N makes those by the TON, perhaps they are not widely available here yet, but I suspect that now that the guns have become more widely available, ammo will follow.
As ANY "dual ammo" airgun steel BB's will work, but the special 4.4 lead ammo will be more accurate.

Barrel IS rifled BTW.

HTH, have fun!

HM

Denby95:
Seems like it would make more sense to have made a bb gun that could function on the bbs widely available here already ? (4.5 .177)

Won't the rifling of the barrel slowly be destroyed by steel bbs, copper bbs etc if one just uses standard available Crosman, Daisy, etc?

Is the Neo version made by Haenel? I saw some of the german users referencing if you wanted a quality model to buy the Haenel version, they were just all jumping on this as it was 'cheap'. Certainly read plenty of 'this not being the diana of old' and 'diana should stop putting its name on this stuff' from that German website.

jkingrph:

--- Quote from: HectorMedina on November 18, 2022, 05:08:21 PM ---Comparing Mandarins to Grapefruits

The "Neo" version is a rifle made for PROFESSIONAL OPERATORS of shooting galleries.  They are popular in German "Kirk-Messe" and they have a counter. The shot number is registered when you start and when you finish, and  you pay for the shots taken. You need to smash 5 or 10 ceramic "stars" (about 1" in diameter)  to get a prize for your girlfriend.
Some of the old Mod 30's are still working after MILLIONS of rounds.

The "Oktoberfest" is for end users. NO counter, no CNC  machining, no precision fitting. Yes there are several iterations, and the new ones seem to be doing better than the initial ones.
Ammo should be 4.4 mm's, H&N makes those by the TON, perhaps they are not widely available here yet, but I suspect that now that the guns have become more widely available, ammo will follow.
As ANY "dual ammo" airgun steel BB's will work, but the special 4.4 lead ammo will be more accurate.

Barrel IS rifled BTW.

HTH, have fun!

HM

--- End quote ---

The owners manual, very little info, does specify 4.5mm ammo, and steel.   I had already ordered some lead BB's so will  give them a try. It functioned fine with some Air Venturi BB's.  I did check the diameter of 3 brands of better types, Air Venturi, Hornandy and cannot remember the other at the moment but my caliper showed a range from 4.33 to 4.38mm

HectorMedina:

--- Quote from: Denby95 on November 18, 2022, 05:44:06 PM ---Seems like it would make more sense to have made a bb gun that could function on the bbs widely available here already ? (4.5 .177)

Won't the rifling of the barrel slowly be destroyed by steel bbs, copper bbs etc if one just uses standard available Crosman, Daisy, etc?

Is the Neo version made by Haenel? I saw some of the german users referencing if you wanted a quality model to buy the Haenel version, they were just all jumping on this as it was 'cheap'. Certainly read plenty of 'this not being the diana of old' and 'diana should stop putting its name on this stuff' from that German website.

--- End quote ---

The barrels for the US  oriented market do work with steel or lead BB's. I don't have info about Dust Devils.
Rifling is shallow enough that it will not get eroded. Spin required to spin a sphere is MUCH Less than that required to spin a Diabolo or a slug.

The 'Neo" version is made by DIANA at some point in time, Haenel and Anschütz did make this style of rifle. Not anymore, AFAIK.
The "Neo" version costs upwards of €800 and is only avaiable through a few outlets. It really is a specialized "business tool".

Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version