GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Gamo & Spanish AirGun Gate

Gamo Wildcat Whisper .177

(1/6) > >>

Nukall856:
Another LongWinded NVak post

The other day I came across a locally available newinbox Gamo Wildcat Whisper IGT.177. Months ago I had come across the GWW online and read reviews. I was attracted to the lightweight, IGT and the 15-16fpe. I just couldnt get myself to order the Gamo WW.  Lately with temps getting into the teens and 20s and 30s F' was starting to want a breakbarrel .177 that can handle colder temps that id  rather not expose to my Springpowered AGs. Springpower would have no problems in the 20s and 30s, except for sweating when brought in.
  At first I put it back after checking the price.. Well no sooner than  leaving did i start thinking of the Gamo WW. I told myself, if the 2nd C362 isnt here tomorrow and its good out to shoot < above 30F' and little to no wind > i would get the AG.
  Morning started in the mid 20sF with no wind. Went out to cut wood around 11am and By 1pm the temps had risen to 38F with just a breath of wind... checked the PO, no yellow slip, no C362.. ok then, signs taken. XD  GamoWW lets take you home and get you inspected and setup to shoot.
  Got home, staying out i open the box to avoid temp change and sweating. Its in a plastic cover to protect from moisture.
Superlight, balance is good, infront of the triggerguard.
   With a cleaning rod (ihatecleaningrods!) and a .17 wirebrush followed by a .17 Boresnake to clean the barrel. Nice straight barrel. Leade is nice with with an angle making loading pellets good, breech seal is different than the oring type. Tightened the Front stock screws which are a larger allen wrench type, back screw is a large Torx Screw. Trigger has an adjustment screw behind the trigger for a #1Phillips.
  The Scope that comes with the AG is ok and works well @ 30-40yards. Put 1 shim in the rear ring.  Ive never had problems with package scopes or shimming rings and usually use them for the 1st 100-200 shots and later upgrade to AO Mildot scopes and better mounts. I have a new Hammer 3-9x32mm AO MD that will be mounted on the GamoWildcatWhisper in soon time.
 CPUM 10.5gr,  CPirahna 10.5gr, CPHP7.9gr I take with me to sight in for 30yards.
The saftey is manual and is engaged by pulling the saftey toward the trigger, push forward to fire. 10.5CPUM are a good snug fit. 1st shot a little long trigger travel. Hit 1" high and 2.5" right. Adjust turrets, Adjust the trigger from full closed to a 1/4 out turn. 2nd shot, trigger travel and no wall pistondrop. 3rd shot adjust to 1/8out from closed, good very good. Short travel, Wall, pass wall immediately drops piston the way i like it. Took a few shots to get sighted in with CPUM. After sight in each shot hit same spot at 30. Very little smoke coming out of the barrel.
  Shot cycle is smooth, cocking is very smooth. I tried CPirahna 10.5gr would not fit in the barrel. The 3 breakbarrels in .177 i have all are unble to chamber a Pirahna, too tight fit. They work in DP880s and 1377s just fine. CPHP 7.9gr are a goood fit and hit 1" high at 30yards over the CPUM 10.5gr. This puts the 7.9gr right on at 50 yards,, holymoly. Holy Moly..
  It does so well with the 10.5CPUM, stick with that pellet for now in the GWW.177. Has nice high bc of .026. HN FTT 8.64gr, HN B 10.65gr and HNBH10.5gr ill will try another time and see if they fly good. So far the 2 Crosman pellets ive tried in the GWW do very good.
  This AG so nice and light, accurate, with good trigger when adjusted, makes me want the .22
NVak.

Thankyou for reading

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:
Hi Nukall.
Congratulations on your new .117 cal. Gamo Wildcat Whisper.

I read some good reviews on your new rifle.

This would be a good one for cold weather, ice and snow.

Don't forget to wrap the barrel on this one.  ;)

Happy Hunting & Enjoy   Best Wishes - Tom

Nukall's new Gamo Wildcat Whisper break barrel rifle.

Nukall856:
Thankyou TommyBoy,
  I still need to Blue loctite the Stock screws and check the washers to see if theyr the teethed type < stockeater> or if theyr flat <good>.
  The scope stop hole is a larger diameter hole than others and the rings that come w the AG fit exactly in the pinstop hole. The recoil is mild enough that im sure the rings will work very good. Im Sure the 1 piece Hammers mount will have a good hold on the base despite having a smaller stop pin.
  Yesterday i taped the barrel with 3 rounds and 4 sets of Gorilla CamoTape, to eat any Vibrations, also to add 1-1.5oz to the front.

Goodluck to you in your Airgun Adventures
 Mr. TommyBoy

NVak

PS. Thankyou Tommyboy for the picpost, I tell you this, looks alot prettier with the Camo Wrapped Barrel..

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: Nukall856 on October 30, 2022, 08:04:52 PM ---Thankyou TommyBoy,
  I still need to Blue loctite the Stock screws and check the washers to see if theyr the teethed type < stockeater> or if theyr flat <good>.
  The scope stop hole is a larger diameter hole than others and the rings that come w the AG fit exactly in the pinstop hole. The recoil is mild enough that im sure the rings will work very good. Im Sure the 1 piece Hammers mount will have a good hold on the base despite having a smaller stop pin.
  Yesterday i taped the barrel with 3 rounds and 4 sets of Gorilla CamoTape, to eat any Vibrations, also to add 1-1.5oz to the front.

Mr. TommyBoy

NVak

PS. Thankyou Tommyboy for the picpost, I tell you this, looks alot prettier with the Camo Wrapped Barrel..

--- End quote ---

Nukall

Something happened to the picture of your new rifle.
I'll try posting it again.

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: A.K.A. Tommy Boy on October 31, 2022, 05:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nukall856 on October 30, 2022, 08:04:52 PM ---Thankyou TommyBoy,

Mr. TommyBoy

NVak

--- End quote ---

Nukall

Something happened to the picture of your new rifle.
I'll try posting it again.

--- End quote ---

One more time.
Click the picture to enlarge the image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version