GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

.357 Big Bore MSP Near Completion!

<< < (7/7)

WyoMan:
Hi Phil,
You may remember me when airgun modders were exploring the limits of msp's on the old green.
I think you've got the record with 91 fpe. Well done.
Your valve volume of .65 vs bore volume of 2.0 suggests that a longer barrel will help (although you're in the sweet spot for the lower pumps), so I think you're on the right track to maximize fpe.
Keep on keeping on... it's nice to discover what is possible -

Wyo

Duane38:

--- Quote from: WyoMan on November 09, 2022, 12:39:45 AM ---Hi Phil,
You may remember me when airgun modders were exploring the limits of msp's on the old green.
I think you've got the record with 91 fpe. Well done.
Your valve volume of .65 vs bore volume of 2.0 suggests that a longer barrel will help (although you're in the sweet spot for the lower pumps), so I think you're on the right track to maximize fpe.
Keep on keeping on... it's nice to discover what is possible -

Wyo

--- End quote ---

Hey, Wyo.  Of course I remember!  Nice to hear from the old crew. 

The original 20 inch barrel is right on 2cu.in.  As of last night, it has been fitted with a Bulldog barrel that's 28 inches long: 2.8cu.in

That would suggest if the valve is at 2500 psi, the muzzle pressure is still 500 psi or so!  Can't imagine going longer!  LOL.  So, one could assume that a smaller valve would suffice in use with a shorter barrel.  I'm thinking a pumper pistol project too....  Have enough pieces parts and stock in the bins...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version