GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

RugerAirMagnum

<< < (2/6) > >>

Blowpipe Sam:
Bit of barrel droop is not the end of the world.  If you are only using the irons it won’t matter.  Shimming the scope mounts or getting a drooper mount ought to cure a scope problem (unless its really appalling).

24 fpe is plenty of mojo for that gun.  Do you plan to hunt with it?

Nukall856:
Yesterday i put another 70 shots through the RAM. I got the trigger to where i can setoff the gun without any creep or overtravel on the 2nd stage. Making 30 yard hits are now easy- no more pulled shots.

Just to, i put the scope on using different rings and shimmed the rear ring with 3 shims.  Looking through the scope and lining up the Open sights i can see im  still a good 8 inches low at 30. I adjust the scope to get close, but that makes the up adjustment prettymuch out of room. This relaxes the spring in the scope, notgood.
It hit a few times on target then started spraying anywhere. Took the scope off and got back to hitting with each shot. The scope is ok. Just the spring inside has no power to hold the scope inplace being adjusted sooo high.
Roadworthy
I think id like to bemd this barrel but at same time id like to send it back but it shoot so well so far.

Airnut
The warranty is still valid, the problem is i cant send the gun back, Post office here doesnt have postage- redonkulous. The breech seal is good it stick out alittle. Barrel lockup is soo strong. I am disappointed with the down bent barrel. But it seems to shoot very well with 14.3gr CPHP.

BlowpipeSam
Shimming the scope didnt help much. Ill be using the RAM to hunt. The U SMElite .22 has about as much power but not so good of a trigger. 24 ftlbs is alot. Im not sure what to do on this one. Keep it and live with the down barrel or try get a return / replacement.
NVak

Roadworthy:
The barrel should NOT be bent!!  If it is under warranty first choice is to ship it back.  The vendor may even provide free shipping if you ask - some still do.  If not go to pirateship.com.  They offer reduced shipping rates.  If you do elect to bend the barrel try https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/library/Charlies%20Barrel%20Tool.pdf  Shimming the scope is rarely a good idea.  It puts stress on the scope tube which can cause it to deform.

Airnut:
Call PA and request a return shipping label.
They usually work with you if you want a replacement due to a defect.
Shimming a scope especially on a magnum springer is not a good option as already stated.
If you are dead set on trying to fix it then first you must find were its bent. My guess would be were the barrel is pressed into the breach block it wasn't pressed in square. You can check it with a straight edge.

Nukall856:
Ok. Thankyou everyone for your replies.
Airnut,
Roadworthy,
The bend begins not far past the barrel breech. As i look through the barrel from the breech the bottom of the barrel lines up with the top of the end of the barrel. .22-.25 off within 18 inches,, translates into 10-11 inches low at 30 yards.
I called PA and told them of the bent barrel. I was told i would be reimbursed for shipping back to them with USPS. A little problem there though. Id have to go to the next town to send the AG through USPS.
  This morning i checked the local store and seen some UBolts that could be used to bend the barrel.  I picked up some empty boxes to make a shipping box.
  This RAM seems to shoot very well with CPHP14.3s i also tried 18gr HN Barracudas. They did good. I havent had this AG long enough to try the other HN Pellets in it. I havent put it on Paper but everything i pull the trigger on at 30 is hit. Also tried a few shots at 45yards had around 2.5- 3 inch drop. I was able to hit a small 1"x2" target 3 out of 5 shots with open sights. .
  I dont want to be without the RAM.  But it might be sent back for a refund or replacement. Not wanting to wait 1bit < 1 week for them to get it 1 week to get the replacement> i Bought Another RAM. Now. Get a refund and be up 220$ or get replacement and have 2 RAM.. or keep this bent barrel accurate AG and try bend the barrel... Most likely be sent back for a refund,, as a new one is getting ready to be shipped to me.
NVak

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version