GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

Seneca Dragonfly MK2 (Avator)

(1/12) > >>

avator:
Yeah, I know, there is another thread already on the MK2.
But this is MY MK2 and MY experience with it.
I will be as thorough as possible while keeping things as simple as possible.
We won't be doing mods, over pumping, replacing springs or hogging out valves or ports.
If that's your thing then you might want to head over to another DF MK2 thread..  ;)

avator:
Originally I wasn't interested in the MK2.
I didn't have the need for another pumper and wasn't in the market for one.
I was also put off by all the rigamorol surrounding the first SPA pumper and the Butterfly.
I don't do pre order and I dislike vaporware, empty promises and click bait.
IMO, the DF MK2 checked a couple of those boxes.
However, I do own and appreciate a few examples of SPA guns for various reasons including, in some cases, the 'lego' factor. In other cases, I see a level of quality in materials along with the overall fit and finish.
Price is another attraction.... I could do alot less for alot more. Another plus is availability.
As an example is this purchase..
I ordered the gun from Pyramyd Air on Friday 7/8. I got confirmation almost immediately and the gun came from Solon, Ohio (up near Lake Erie) to my door in lower Alabama in 5 days via FedEx Ground. Not 5 business days.. 5 days including the weekend.

avator:
The gun arrived double boxed. The outer box was a bit oversized but there was paper packing in it to keep the inner box safe and sound.
As for the inner box... nice. It has a form fitted foam insert to protect the gun much like guns costing a whole lot more.
BTW... it was $210 to my door.
The gun came with an owner's manual, a single shot tray, 1 9 round magazine (.177) and a ziploc back of orings and repair items.

avator:
As I said, FedEx delivered the gun to my house this morning while I was at work.
I take an hour lunch break everyday and go home (I live about 2 miles from work).
After I ate a bite I opened the box and had a pretty good look at the gun.
Again, I am pretty impressed with the quality and overall looks of the SPA guns.
On first impression.. the gun seems longer than many pumpers. Not crazy long, just longer.
It also has a screw off cap on the muzzle that exposes threads to add an LDC (silencer) if you so choose... I do not so choose.

avator:
The gun came with the single shot tray installed.
As per the instructions, you need to cock the gun to pump it up.
When the pump arm is completely closed it take a good effort to pop it open but, you don't have to completely close the pump arm between strokes.
The pumping process was somewhat awkward and jerky. I think with proper lubing and break in this will smooth out.
The bolt was smooth and easy to cock. The trigger was smooth and solid feeling.
I pumped the gun 4 strokes and each one felt like it took the same effort.
I dry fired the gun and it SNAPPED with authority. Rambo took cover in the back bedroom.

The only thing I noticed was a bit of poor alignment between the pump handle and stock when the pump arm was closed. I opened the pump arm and gave it a little push to one side and it seemed to fit better. I'll have a closer look at that when I have more time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version