GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Engineering- Research & Development

Valve Design

(1/3) > >>

CableStop:
I thought of this valve as a solution for a double barrel airgun since you can fit two side by side and actuate each with its own hammer without needing two air tubes.  It's kind of an adaptation of the Air Force style valve that can be opened from the rear.

Rob M:
reminds me of the action pistol spool valves.. theres one in the crosman vigilante and 100 other action pistols.. they fire through the center of the stem.

i could be misunderstanding the drawing .

MJP:
Looking at the design, I would say it's a dump valve.
O ring at the barrel end has more surface area than the stem so once open it blows completely open and stays that way until reservoir pressure times surface area is below the spring pressure.

Marko

CableStop:

--- Quote from: MJP on July 07, 2022, 04:24:18 AM ---Looking at the design, I would say it's a dump valve.
O ring at the barrel end has more surface area than the stem so once open it blows completely open and stays that way until reservoir pressure times surface area is below the spring pressure.

Marko

--- End quote ---

I think it should work like any other valve, the poppet sits on a seat like normal it's just that after the air passes by it, it turns 180 degrees and flows out the front.  The green circle near to the stem is the inlet hole that lets air flow into the pass through, when the valve is shut that hole is covered.

CableStop:

--- Quote from: Rob M on July 05, 2022, 09:58:49 PM ---reminds me of the action pistol spool valves.. theres one in the crosman vigilante and 100 other action pistols.. they fire through the center of the stem.

i could be misunderstanding the drawing .

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure how those work honestly, I've never seen one taken apart.  This valve basically uses a hollow poppet and when it's open air can flow through it and into the barrel, the stem itself is solid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version