GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Engineering- Research & Development

would you thread the bottom of a bottle?

<< < (3/3)

Madd Hatter:
Man, that's one butiful rifle

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: Madd Hatter on June 07, 2022, 08:46:56 PM ---Man, that's one butiful rifle

--- End quote ---
All 3 are different rifles ... all 3 with AZ tank bottom fill fittings added.  Note last one has cover removed and the old school PARKER hydraulic to foster filler required shown is attached.

woogie_man:
My Theoben bottle that has the Allen Z fill port on it is just fine.  The hole that goes through the bottle is threaded, though there is also an aluminum nut inside the bottle that will pinch the fill adapter to the bottle.  There are no issues with this method, as it has been done many times for many years.

CableStop:

--- Quote from: woogie_man on June 08, 2022, 06:13:20 AM ---My Theoben bottle that has the Allen Z fill port on it is just fine.  The hole that goes through the bottle is threaded, though there is also an aluminum nut inside the bottle that will pinch the fill adapter to the bottle.  There are no issues with this method, as it has been done many times for many years.

--- End quote ---

I like this strategy, you could even put a stainless steel washer and nut on the inside to spread the load more.  Only problem is it's hard to use tapered threads like NPT with a nut so teflon tape is probably not going to seal it, you'll need to have an o-ring somewhere. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version