GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Wood Chop Shop (Working with wood)

Custom Wood Stock Fitting/Making

(1/7) > >>

JayV21:
A member here has some wood stocks for sale on the classifieds.  I'm really interested in putting one of those stocks on an Evanix AR6 and/or a Rainstorm II.  I'm far from a wood worker.  Like a million miles far.  Anyone know of a stock maker/fitter?  Really don't like saying "maker" because the stocks are already made, but obviously rifle stock worker/craftsman is the person I'm looking for. 

Rick67:
It can be done with a duplicating machine.

This gent is well known in the RFC:

http://www.sonorangunstocks.com/

I would surmise you are referring to the uninletted Boyd's stock in the classifieds.

JayV21:
Those are the ones.  Thanks.  I’ll contact him.

Trucker3573:
Nice thread as I saw all those and am in the same boat. I could never do it and I always wondered if any of those stocks would even be deep enough to accept an avenger action as they are rather deep with the 2nd shorter air tube underneath the first.

douglasr:
Calico Hardwoods has some awesome uninletted factory seconds stocks. Not completely finished but very nice looking for around $50 shipped for the fancy version. I think they are Kimber Super America stocks if I remember correctly. You have to inlet, final shape the outside, and add the finish of your choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version