GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Show Off Your Air Guns With Mods (SHOW and TELL)

ADDING A PRESSURE GAUGE where one did not exist before .... it can be done !

(1/2) > >>

Motorhead:
 8)  Case in point here being that "Some" PCP rifles of old and new may come with no fill gauge what so ever  :P  While for some it may not pose a problem, others feel naked and nervous by not knowing where the pressure within gun is at ... I'm of the latter and want to know, see if a leak is happening, get a better idea on shot count within a specific fill range etc etc ....

** I'm not making these to sell, but only sharing a solution on a New "Match Rifle" that simply does not come with a factory gauge  .... So we Fabricated a conversion worthy of the rifles pedigree otherwise.

Now understand ANY PCP air gun that has a fill foster on end of air tube could just use a commercial high pressure T fitting with appropriate threading on the 3 ends ( male/female & type threads) if you could find it ???
What I wanted was to make it as low profile, looking as if OEM and just cosmetically clean.   Thus it was a custom to have threads, male/female & position specific to the rifle fitted too. 

Both ENDS were 1/8 BSP, 1 male into tanks end cap other female for the Wika gauge being sealed via Dowdy washers. Fill foster positioned all the way towards tank making the custom fitting dang near an L more so than a T
That done the black plastic protective sleeve over gauge removed and a Full Length replacement made to streamline and hide the actual fitting / attachment etc ..

Mr.P:
That looks great - congrats.

Motorhead:
gosh I'm neurotic !!
Changed it up today FIXING the "Clocking" of fill so it faces up so rifle IS NOT placed on side wheel when filling & Gauge sits in correct rotation.
Then wanted the fill foster to not stick out so far.  Pulled the Best Fittings foster & dowdy washer, replacing with a very low profile HuMa foster that seals on an o-ring.

sb327:
Not neurotic at all. Just making it perfect! Nice work!

I have grown quite fond of bsp vs npt. I have also decided I like the m8x1.0 gauge. It uses a dowdy (or oring) but doesn’t take up structural area. It’s not very common though.

Btw, I know your gonna be a dealer of the Thomas’s, was wondering if that will be a stocking dealer or by order only? Curious how that will work with such a high end piece.

Dave

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: sb327 on March 05, 2022, 10:06:06 PM ---Not neurotic at all. Just making it perfect! Nice work!

I have grown quite fond of bsp vs npt. I have also decided I like the m8x1.0 gauge. It uses a dowdy (or oring) but doesn’t take up structural area. It’s not very common though.

Btw, I know your gonna be a dealer of the Thomas’s, was wondering if that will be a stocking dealer or by order only? Curious how that will work with such a high end piece.

Dave

--- End quote ---
Special order ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version