GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

Stock Screws on a B21

(1/3) > >>

Atchman2:
I'm having a heckuva time with the stock screws on the B21.  Locktite doesn't seem to hold for very long.  Should I try and find some replacement screws at Lowes or Home Depot? 

GatorGunner:
Since the gun is Chinese they will probably be metric.  Lowes and Home Depot have a good selection.  I would get the type that uses an allen wrench so you can properly tighten them when you use the Locktite.  Be careful not to over tighten them.  That Chinese mystery wood is pretty soft and is probably the reason that they keep coming loose.  I know a lot of people like walnut stocks and I must agree that they make a beautiful platform for most any action, but beech is far more dense and resistant to compression.  That's one reason I ordered my TX200 in beech rather than walnut.  I'm not going to make a closet queen out of my TX, so beech is a better choice for an active airgun.  Besides, a few nicks and scratches have never been a real concern to me anyway.  You should see my Marauder.  There are compression marks all over the  bottom of the forearm from resting it on the truck window and shooting rabbits  ;D.

GatorGunner:
Forgot to mention, Ace Hardware is actually a better source for items such as screws, bolts, nuts, springs, etc.

Hope I helped ya.   

Larry

Nathan:
Hate to ask the obvious question, but did you clean and degrease the screws and the screw holes real good? If you get new screws try getting them a tad longer and putting a small washer underneath it. I've also heard of people soaking the wood in the screw cut out area with super glue. I guess as the glue hardens, it fills in the wood pores and fibers and helps prevent the wood from crushing when you tighten the screws down. I don't know if anyone sells screw cup kits for the B-21. You might call Tim at Mac-1, as he sells screw cup kits for other make/models.  http://www.mac1airgun.com/

Nathan

Bentong:
2x on ace hardware for fasteners

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version