GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Show Off Your Air Guns With Mods (SHOW and TELL)

"Dimply" - a machined pneumatic pen gun

(1/3) > >>

jackssmirkingrevenge:
I would say I'm a "self taught" machinist, but I definitely got some help along the way.

In co-operation with another self taught machinist, a pneumatic "pen gun" style airgun was designed and built, with each step being documented in detail as my "apprenticeship".  I would like to share it here because in a very short time I went to from having absolutely no idea to being reasonably competent and I am confident it will help others as it helped me.

The project itself is a single shot 1/8" caliber pen gun that dumps its chamber through an exhaust valve, not a very practical device but definitely a conversation piece.

Dimensional plan: 1 pixel = 1/10mm

Step1:  video: Plan

Step2: video: Plan

Step3: video: Plan

Step4: video: Plan

Step5: video: Plan

Step6: video: Plan

Step7: video: Plan

Step8: video: Plan

Step9A: video: Plan

Step9B: video: Plan

Step10: video: Plan

Step11A: Photo1 Photo2 Photo3 Plan

Step11B: video: Plan

jackssmirkingrevenge:
Here are all the parts done:

Step12: Video

Shooting tests Video

CraigH:
Well done, indeed!   I know what it takes to accomplish this.   Excellent presentation!    8)

Tater:
Great project Jack, I'm sure you learned a ton along the way.

jackssmirkingrevenge:

--- Quote from: CraigH on November 20, 2018, 08:07:31 AM ---Well done, indeed!   I know what it takes to accomplish this.   Excellent presentation!    8)
--- End quote ---

All credit to my meticulous French maitre and his unique skill set and sense of humor!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version