GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Match Rules

Adding "GUN VS MODE" to the target match here?

(1/3) > >>

dukja:
I just participated the 1st 10m off hand off season match, and it was fun.  Although my arm really hurts of shooting a lot and my score is not worthy of mentioning (interestingly the forum or my browser changes words to "not worthy", so I have to change my sentence with it).   :D

Currently, one entry per person is allowed. I wonder if it is a fun idea to allow such a "gun vs mode" in the match:  each person is now allow to enter two scores with two different rifles he/she owns.  In this case, we may have a chance to see what an important role a rifle plays with the same shooter.  (I would love to see Challenger vs AA T200 vs detuned Marauder, etc.) This may be fun to de-mythify (or further mythify) the common beliefs about different guns. 

Just a 2-cent idea.

45Bravo:
I have no issue with that.

I can tell you from shooting competition for many years.

If you give a top notch shooter a decent, accurate gun, his scores won't drop much.

But if you give a so so shooter a match race gun, his scores won't go up much.

I have seen it many times.

dukja:
Thanks a lot for sharing the experience.

It seems that there is no point of doing "vs mode".  And I probably should return the new gun I just ordered.   ;) :P

45Bravo:
I wouldn't do that, I am just saying that you can give a good shooter 2 guns, a race gun, and a decent accurate gun, and his scores wouldn't be too different.

Always get a gun that is more accurate than you, so you KNOW that if it's a miss, it's not the equipment. 

I am being mean there. 

A wise man once said only accurate guns are interesting. 

Why would you shoot a inaccurate gun in a match.

marty2:

--- Quote from: dukja on November 29, 2016, 10:30:07 AM ---Thanks a lot for sharing the experience.

It seems that there is no point of doing "vs mode".  And I probably should return the new gun I just ordered.   ;) :P

--- End quote ---

These matches are pretty much ongoing. Shoot one for one match and then the other in the next match. All you have to do then is compare the two scores ;D 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version