GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Rws 34 seal

(1/4) > >>

AirHunter:
Which Jm seal should i get? I saw 3 different types in the airrifle headquarters and i saw the small apex, large apex and tesla seal for the rws 34. Which is better and wat are the different sizes for? Ur input will be appreciated.

daved:
Small Apex doesn't fit the 34, that's for the Gamo's and similar.  The large Apex or Tesla is the one you want, if you don't have the ability to size seals (lathe), then your best bet is the Apex seal.  The other alternatives are the stock Diana seal from Umarex, or the new seal available from Vortek.  I'm currently running an OEM seal in mine, but that's only because it came with the new piston I had to get for the TO-6 trigger I installed.  It actually gave me better performance than an Apex seal.  Haven't heard any reviews on the Vortek seal yet, but their tune kits are excellent.  Later.

Dave

AirHunter:
How does the vortek kit compare to the Jm kit?
As of now im deciding between these tune kits. Thankyou for ur suggestions

deanda:
Both would be better than stock. I haven't seen any reviews on a direct comparison between the JM and Vortek. There is a guy on dianawerks that has pics of them to compare. He just took out a JM that he was very happy with, to put in a vortek for comparison.

daved:
When I got my 34 it already had a JM kit in it, but I never could leave well enough alone :-).  Both are excellent products, but for a simple drop in replacement, I think the nod has to go to Vortek.  There was virtually no difference in power level, and the Vortek may be slightly quieter and smoother than the JM kit, but it's not much.  However, on a stock rifle, I'm sure the difference would be much more noticeable.  But then there's customer service. 

Remember the old car rental ads, the tag line was "we're #2, we have to try harder"?  Well, that seems to be the Vortek mantra right now, Tom monitors the various forums to see how people are responding to his products, and is bending over backwards to take care of his customers.  He's obviously in it for the long haul, and is working hard to make sure his new customers come back as repeat customers.  Not to take anything away from Jim Macarri, the man's a legend and rightfully so, but when's the last time you saw him post anything on any forum?  I've already bought Vortek kits for two rifles, the 34 and a TX 200, and it would have been three but the R9 kit wasn't ready soon enough for me.  Will probably order one anyway, just to compare it against the JM kit that I have in it now.  Although that will probably be awhile, that R9 is set up so perfectly right now that I hesitate to change anything, even scopes :-).  Later.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version