GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > German AirGun Gate

Question RWS Rifles: Caliber Vs Accuracy

(1/3) > >>

slothart:
I'm thinking of going with .177 RWS with open sights for my next rifle.  I Plan on mainly using it for targets and plinking.  With the smaller caliber, is it worth looking beyond the RWS 34?

I'd like to give an under lever or a side lever a try, but tighter groups is more important to me for this one.
I'm thinking that the higher velocities on the rest of their line would negatively effect the accuracy of the .177?

Wish they made a .20 caliber.

northern lights:
34 is a good choice if you get the 34 you will have to decide on sights metal or fiber optic my m34 with wooded stock has the metal sight I think the new ones have fiber optic I havn,t shot with them. If you are looking for a accurate under the b-3-3 is a good choice for money I can get nickel size groups at 20 yd,s with cheap beeman pointed pellets about a 1- 1/4 at 30 yd,s for less then 40.00 dollar they are a good value . Also the new 34 have a tighter choke on the barrel so vel,s is down but accuracy is up.

amb5500c:
The 34 is an excellant choice from all I've read. I have a 48 in 177 cal, and (I) can't shoot it to it's accuracy potential. But I try. Mine chronies at 1052 fps with cphp ammo, and puts them where I want them for the most part. It's most accurate pellet is the cpl, but I'm currently out of them. I can't wait for my order to come so I can get my pin point accuracy back.
Richard

longislandhunter:
34 would be an outstanding choice in my opinion.  The magnum .177 side levers or under levers are fine  rifles as well but the key is to use heavier pellets to help handle the power.  If I was getting the rifle just for targets and plinking I'd go the 34 route. 

Muzzzy:
That 34 is tough to beat for the money. I have been considering a 48/52. I have a post out now asking about hold sensitivity. The guys on my league shoot 34's. Two in .177 and one in .22 all three are great shooters.
 I just imagine the 48/52 being a fixed barrel takes one possible failure or weak link away from the gun. I several posts about lock up issues being the possible problem with accuracy issues. I want to remove that possiblity if I can afford it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version