GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Marauder On a Rampage

(1/4) > >>

Pellethuntr:
As the title hints the Marauder and I are on quite a kill streak!

I had a few minutes tonight to take a drive over to my grandpa's farm and check out some of his hay fields. He told me last week that he has been seeing quite a number of woodchucks. I no sooner parked the truck and took my gun case out and I saw one standing on it's dirt mound at about 80 yards. I quickly got the mag in the gun and extended my shooting sticks. 80 yards is farther than I feel comfortable shooting with this kind of power. Ideally I want to keep it 50 yards and in so I snuck up the edge of the field a little way and found a good spot to take a shot. I forgot my range finder but my guess was that he was +/- 60 yards. Hard to say for sure in an open field. I decided I would hold the 50 hashmark right on his head and if it was farther than that I would get a clean neck shot. I let the pellet fly and was able to see the pellet hit him just under the jaw line. He dropped instantly and put up almost no fight.

Note how dark and hazy it looks in the pictures. We are getting residual smoke from the forest fires to the north in Canada. The north wind that brought us some much needed cooler weather this week is also bringing some real nasty smoke across the lake.

ranchibi:
Brian, that's one heck of a shot on that big ghog @ 60-ish yards with your venerable Marauder! Nice pic!

3crows:
I had a big nasty rabbit digging under the foundation of my pole barn. I finally got him in the open at about 40 yards with my .25 Marauder Super Light. It essentially took his head off. Much to graphic for this website. The pellet spun him around and there was a cloud of bloody mist.

Good shot on that nasty hole digging bugger.

Pellethuntr:

--- Quote from: ranchibi on June 07, 2023, 12:25:48 AM ---Brian, that's one heck of a shot on that big ghog @ 60-ish yards with your venerable Marauder! Nice pic!

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

--- Quote from: 3crows on June 07, 2023, 02:03:06 AM ---I had a big nasty rabbit digging under the foundation of my pole barn. I finally got him in the open at about 40 yards with my .25 Marauder Super Light. It essentially took his head off. Much to graphic for this website. The pellet spun him around and there was a cloud of bloody mist.

Good shot on that nasty hole digging bugger.

--- End quote ---

I was debating getting a .25 and opted for the more cost effective .22 pellets. I shoot a lot and it does add up pretty quickly. I was talking about that in another hunting thread. I have shot around 100 pellets at live targets in the last 7-10 days with 80+ confirmed kills. Really happy with this gun!

longislandhunter:
Nice shot and great pics.  Congrats on a shot to be proud of. 

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version