GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

F-Class Targets for NUAH at 300-600 yards. ***APPROVED - SEE RULES!***

(1/3) > >>

rsterne:
Scott Hull kindly brought to my attention that the official F-Class targets for 300, 500 and 600 yards are based on the "Shooter's MOA" (1 MOA = 1 inch per 100 yards) which we use in NUAH.... I have checked into this, and the target sizes are as follows:

300 Yard Target - No. MR-63FC
Note these rings are 1/8" smaller than NUAH rings, but that makes the targets acceptable as is.
X ring ....................................1.43
10 ring ..................................2.87   
9 ring ....................................5.87    (NUAH 2 MOA)
8 ring ....................................8.87    (NUAH 3 MOA)
7 ring ..................................11.87    (NUAH 4 MOA)
6 ring ..................................17.87    MR-63FC includes complete 6-ring, printed on 20" paper.

500 Yard Target - NRA No. MR-65F
X ring ...................................2.50
10 ring ..................................5.00
9 ring ..................................10.00   (NUAH 2 MOA)
8 ring ..................................15.00   (NUAH 3 MOA)  "Center" target (MR-65FC) includes complete 8-ring, printed on 16" paper.
7 ring ..................................20.00   (NUAH 4 MOA) 
6 ring ..................................25.00
5 ring ..................................30.00   MR-65F includes complete 5-ring, printed on 37" paper.

600 Yard Target - No. MR-1FC
X ring ...................................3.00
10 ring ..................................6.00
9 ring ..................................12.00    (NUAH 2 MOA)
8 ring ..................................18.00    (NUAH 3 MOA)
7 ring ..................................24.00    (NUAH 4 MOA)
6 ring ..................................30.00   
5 ring ..................................36.00   MR-1FC includes complete 5-ring, printed on 37" paper.

These targets are available from several sources, at reasonable prices, including:  https://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-targets/f-class/

I would urge everyone to approve allowing these targets for the ranges listed above (or further).... This would include their use in Meters as well (eg. 300M could use the 300 yd. target).... Note, the "scores" do not count, only the ring sizes are used in NUAH.... This would be an alternative to printing your own 400 yard targets on larger or multiple sheets as outlined in the rules, and these targets would be added to the approved target list....

Bob

Privateer:
I vote to exclude the target with no 4 MOA ring.
All targets should be consistant in appearance to avoid confussion.

rsterne:
I can certainly see your point, Jeff, it does say in the current rules that the target must be 4 MOA.... I would have no problem with that decision, as there is the MR-65F target available, which has rings all the way out to 6 MOA.... We could also allow the "center" target placed over the full MR-65F (500 yard) target, the way they are meant to be used, so that only the center target must be replaced (it costs less).... but the 4 MOA ring (and the 5 and 6 MOA) would be there to meet the current rules.... Once there is a hole in the full size target (outside the center target), it would have to be replaced, however, to meet the "no other holes" rule.... I have changed my vote for that option....

Let's get more responses, so we can see a concensus.... Please vote, even if you won't likely ever shoot beyond 200 yards.... It is for the good of the sport....  8)

Bob

Privateer:
I'm good with that option Bob.
So you can change my vote to reflect that.
 8)

JuryRigger:
Makes sense to me; not everyone who has access to that long a shooting lane will have access (or time) to print that large of targets...
I say "Yes", with the provision requiring the 4 MOA ring be present, to keep things standardized...
Jesse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version