GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

Beeman P17 LDC

(1/3) > >>

brewbear:
I was perusing the offerings on the Buck-Rail website and noticed a few LDC offerings for the Daisy pistols. I always thought that my Beeman P17s could possibly benefit from such a nice addition but as of now, such a thing does not exist. I contacted Buck-Rail this morning and asked them if such a thing is possible. I will keep you folks up to date with their reply.

x3baddad:
I found the 3D printer file for one on thingverse and made one it does work quite well but any bump and your clipping its a friction fit in the front opening so rather imprecise.

brewbear:

--- Quote from: x3baddad on January 28, 2023, 05:56:17 PM ---I found the 3D printer file for one on thingverse and made one it does work quite well but any bump and your clipping its a friction fit in the front opening so rather imprecise.

--- End quote ---
That is good to know, thank you. I have a 3D printer still in the box, time is in very, very short supply for me right now.

Ultramarine:
Beyond the barrel, the Beeman P17 structure offers a nice tube of 19mm long and 10mm bore. I figured I could use it for a DIY LDC of my own.
I succeeded with a small one  I have to remove before cocking, but I got used to it and it's efficient enough. The biger one is more efficient but its tube has a 9.7mm outer diameter so I had to cure this with some Teflon tape, which isn't satisfying a solution at all.
Considering the noise, I measured it at 100.9Db without LDC, approx 90Db with the small one and around 88 with the big one ; all this without any pellet, which means it's way more efficient when shooting.
Took some pics this morning.
As for the LDC itself it's a small PVC tube with 2 washers, one on each end,  stuck with epoxy glue, and some felt inside. I think it would break of even blow away with anything more powerful than the Beeman P17 ;). It has no influence on accuracy.

Back_Roads:
 Ives is on to something, I added a longer barrel to the p-17 on the middle right. Using a Daisy 880 barrel, and then carefully measured and cut the Daisy barrel shroud to fit, it matched the P-17 opening, similar to what Ives did, with metal tube that slips over the barrel and the opening fit to match. [smg id=7927]
 In my case I was then able to use a Daisy 880 slip on LDC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version