GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

Hatsan AirMax PCP Air Rifle preorder @ Pyramid Air 679.99

(1/1)

AThomas:
Hatsan AirMax PCP Air Rifle is basically a Bullboss on the bottle and apparently only comes with a wood stock. Pyramid air has these for pre order. Date is 10/22/18??? We all know how that goes. Here is the link: https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-airmax-pcp-air-rifle?m=4705

smythsg:
Looks very cool, but 10.8 lbs... :o

only1harry:
Wow 10.8 lbs(!)... you would think it's a big bore with a long heavy duty barrel.  Much of the weight is not only in the wood stock, but also in the 400cc bottle + 90cc tube.  490cc which is the same exact volume as the bottle in the the AF Condor.  85 shots is a good amount, but 42fpe for the .25 is kind of low for a gun with that much air capacity.  A Condor is capable of 80 50fpe shots form 3K to 2K and 100 shots down to 1,800psi when tuned properly.  Why 42fpe in this Hatsan with this much air volume?  That's the same or less than a stock Marauder.  If I were competing with the Mrod and other PCP's I 'd want to give it more power, hence the BIG bottle they are using.  I don't know, this doesn't make sense to me.  At least give it adjustable power from 35 to 55 or 60fpe (or 80 like the Condor) and let the owner decide how to set it/shoot it, or sell it with a regulator of your choice of various pressure and power.  Now that's something noone has offered yet.

Harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version