GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Czech & Russian Air Guns

Add another one to the MP-46m club!

(1/8) > >>

bReTt:
Mrs. Peterson came through with a fantastic gift for me on my birthday...

I’m liking it so far.  I’m pretty particular so there a few “issues” that $500 worth of pistol shouldn’t have but they are minor and can be easily dealt with. 

I have already cleaned and polished the bore, wiped down and lubed the pistol.  It’s drilling <dime sized holes at 23’ single hand with H&N match light wads.  More pellet testing and practice should hopefully reduce that size.  Maybe a little trigger adjusting too as there is some creep in it before it breaks but overall a very nice trigger. 

Grips will start getting worked over soon, I’ll most likely get started this weekend.  A new palm shelf is definitely needed along with some finger grooves.  I’ll take the grips off and see how complicated it would be to make some new ones from black walnut.  I have a 4’ section of a 10” diameter limb that broke off our tree a few years ago in a freezing rain (rare in Western WA) and it has beautiful color in the heartwood.  That would be a real treat to have grips made out of a piece of that.

Right now I’m enjoying the pistol.  I hope to get to know it real well. 

uncle paulie:
Seems you have two keepers there!  ;) ;) ;)

pv

theanalogman:
Most excellent news, Brett! Once I get my lefty grips, maybe I can shoot mine as well as you shoot yours. That grip plan sounds great. Keep us informed of the progress.

hoteltwofive:
Congrats!  What a great birthday gift and happy birthday!
I’ve been eyeing this pistol for a great long time....some day I will need to join this club too. 
Best of luck with the new gun!

Yogi:
First the Russians infiltrate the NRA and now GTA.  Yicks... :P :P :P
Nice, where did you acquire it from?

-Y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version