GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

Is LocTite Necessary?

(1/5) > >>

DevilsLuck:
If one has the appropriate torque on their scope rings, and mount; is it necessary to use LocTite?

Roadworthy:
I may not be the best person to ask.  I secure my scope mounts with a torque wrench and use no Loctite anywhere on any of my airguns.

Stock screws do get a bit of Vibratite VC-3 to prevent them from vibrating loose.  VC-3 can be retightened and still retain its properties.  Not all my stock screws get that treatment.  Most front screws have a star washer under the screw head with a flat washer between there and the stock.

I have found this system works for me.  I'm always open to suggestions for improvement, though.

Back_Roads:
 Usually after a few snug ups during break in , they hold ok, though periodic checks are recommended. Sometimes I run into a gun that just needs a little extra holding power and I break out the blue stuff.

Sfttailrdr46:
 ;) Being an old Harley rider blue Loctite is my friend and I use it for all stock screws. My scope mounts just get the specified torque since they are metal to metal and not subject to the compression problems that are inherent with wood and synthetic stocks. But that's just my solution to a thorny issue  ;D

Wayne52:
I never put loctite on any of my scope bolts, don't need it IMO, basically what Don said, you really don't need it on a scope mount IMO however I'm a pcp nut and not a springer fan so it might be different on a spring gun.  I just check mine every now and then just for good measure and they're always tight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version