GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Rat using Iron Sights!

(1/3) > >>

Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58):
This fat Cotton Rat showed up yesterday afternoon, so I figured he'd be back this morning.  Sure enough, he was out at the feed station around 8:30 am.  I shuffled off to the man cave and set up the LCS SK-19, and prepated for a 50 yard shot through the fence portal.  Well, he didn't come back...

A little before 10 am, I started to head out to do my weekly check of Trail Cam footage and notice he was back.  Thgis time I grabbed the Hatsan Jet 1, which I now have set up with Iron Sights and a Tactacom 5.0 mounted to the right side Picitinny rail.  I slowly approached the fence with a pine tree between me and him, as I watched him live on the Critter Cam.  Once in place I used the fence rail for a rest and lined up my shot!

I have to admit, I was in shock when he rolled over and started the death dance!  I think I actually impressed myself with this shot!  Distance was about 20 yards and I was shooting the .25 cal 20.01 grain H&N FFT pellets.  I have to admit, compared to those tough Rattus Rattus I have visit at night, these Cotton Rats are really wusses!   :P

This guy was pretty big, so he made a decent sized target, 9" from nose to tail!  The last pic is my Jet 1 as currently set-up.  I added a sling to ease carring it when checking Trail Cams.  With the iron sights I can also utilize the 10 round Sortie magazine, for more shots between reloads.  The Tactacom 5.0 is mounted on the right side Picatinny rail and actually does a decent job of capturing the shot!  It's set on Zoom Mode so you can actually see the rat!  I'm really liking this little carbine!

ranchibi:
Paul! A most excellent peep sight shot @ 20yds! Awesome video! Your Jet is spot on! Woo Hoo! And, he is a chunky monkey!

--- Quote from: ranchibi on February 04, 2023, 02:58:54 PM ---Paul! A most excellent peep sight shot @ 20yds! Awesome video! Your Jet is spot on! Woo Hoo! And, he is a chunky monkey!

--- End quote ---

Thank you Randall!  For a chucks monkey, he sure was fragile!  Whomp and dead!  I am really quite impressed with the Jet!  Did you ever order the Notos?  I’ve seen a couple reviews and they seem quite capable as well!   

Wayne52:
Great shot with the iron sights Paul, it's a plump one no doubt!

--- Quote from: Wayne52 on February 04, 2023, 05:21:35 PM ---Great shot with the iron sights Paul, it's a plump one no doubt!

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wayne!  He was pretty plump, but that front sight completely covered him, so it was like shooting nothing! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version