GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Optics, Range estimation & related subjects

AO out of wack

(1/1)

Toddspeed:
I’ve got an Umarex 3-9 on my RWS MPC, not fancy but it has been working. Recently I tried to shoot some 10 meter targets for the casual matches but I can’t get a clear picture of the target. When I look off into the distance, maybe 30 yards or so, the picture is nice and clear. I checked the setting on the AO, it’s set to the minimum, 7.5 yards.
Somehow the mechanism is at 30yd but the adjustment ring is at 7.5. The adjustment ring stops at 7.5. Is there a way to fix this besides the obvious ‘get a new scope’?

Roadworthy:
I don't know the warranty period for Umarex scopes but I don't think it's something for the user to fix.  Next time consider a scope with a lifetime warranty.  There are several - Hawke, Leapers, Sun, and even Center Point.  Some Bushnell models may have a lifetime warranty as well.

Toddspeed:
Thanks Thomas, this was not one I chose. My gun came with an RWS scope, and when it broke I sent it back under warranty, and they sent me this.

But I just figured it out. There is an inner ring inside the adjustment ring. By using a thin bladed screwdriver I was able to turn the adjustment mechanism without turning the outside ring. Now, clear as ever, even at 7 yards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version