GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Daisy Gate

Daisy 853 sear

(1/2) > >>

Jasper:
Hi all,

I've just recently discovered for myself that the sears that I have are not all the same "shape". I believe the top one was from a relatively recent 853 (Avanti variation), and the bottom one from Daisy spare part order.
Notice the "notches" are at a different position. These have not been altered (besides the light polishing).

To all you experts out there, are the "new" 853 meant to have a longer hammer travel, with any significance to air release efficiency?
Any issue you see with mix and matching them between 853's; or use one version exclusively for speed / accuracy gain?

Cheers.

ac12:
The x53 rifles are not high tolerance rifles.
So, I am going to guess that it is simply manufacturing tolerance in the stamping die.
The lack of tolerance in making the die.

Back_Roads:
 After stamping they get a tumble, or a quick sanding, to smoothen the edges, so it can vary in many ways.

ac12:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on December 07, 2022, 12:03:41 AM --- After stamping they get a tumble, or a quick sanding, to smoothen the edges, so it can vary in many ways.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the 853 sear, but not my 953 sear.
The pull was HORRIBLE.  The trigger felt like dragging a 2x4 over a rough road, and it got stuck in a couple places. 
When I took the 953 apart, I found the sear had stamping burrs, and a very rough sear surface.

Back_Roads:

--- Quote from: ac12 on December 07, 2022, 01:28:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: Back_Roads on December 07, 2022, 12:03:41 AM --- After stamping they get a tumble, or a quick sanding, to smoothen the edges, so it can vary in many ways.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the 853 sear, but not my 953 sear.
The pull was HORRIBLE.  The trigger felt like dragging a 2x4 over a rough road, and it got stuck in a couple places. 
When I took the 953 apart, I found the sear had stamping burrs, and a very rough sear surface.

--- End quote ---
One of the variables I was referring too LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version