GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

November 28th hunt at the state land

(1/2) > >>

Wayne52:
Well I didn't see any deer again but did see a couple far off fox squirrels, it wasn't until I had started making my way back to my truck that I spotted a blob up in a tree on the other side
of the road, the scope on the gun is stay set on 8 power for deer but I was able to see that it was a red squirrel chewing on a nut.  I was sitting on my bucket when I took the shot and
nailed it, it fell to the ground bouncing of a couple branches on it's way down so I pretty much figured I'd be able to recover it.  It's one of the longest shots I've taken with that gun so fare.

dk1677:
Nice shot Wayne!

Wayne52:
Thanks Dave !!!

Spacebus:
Nice shot placement for avoiding pelt damage!

Wayne52:
Thanks Dj !!! I basically salvaged everything except the left rear quarter.  I saw a deep fryer at one of the local dollar stores that I might buy after today's hunt trying for a deer.  I've never deep fried
squirrel before but I'm wanting to try it because with good seasoning etc. I'm sure that it will be good.  I'll be trying it with all three squirrels that I've shot with the 45 and possibly another one I might
get today but hopefully I will get a deer.  I'll be hunting another spot where I've seen deer in the past but it is about 75 yards from a swamp so hopefully if I do get a shot I want to drop it where it
stands with either a head or neck shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version