GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

She's An Old Blister

(1/1)

dirigoboy:
Talking about the Daisy Model B with the 1000 BB capacity, carrying the '01-'04 date stamp.  It's a pretty bare bones BB gun for sure.  I'm not sure how rare they are, but I have one.  Looks like I've got to start digging again for information.  A BB gun that old must have some history.

dirigoboy:
A few photos.  One small dent on the off side (for us right-handed folks), and a bare spot near the upper part of the shoulder stock.  Wondering if it got placed too close to some heat or something.  None the less, pretty cool.  One added facet of course that I love is the small leather pouch that holds BB's.  I think it makes it kind of unique in that regard.

Agate47:
Very Cool! I am not a BB guy, I prefer pellets and accuracy. However, this gun of this age is great to see. Oh the stories it could tell. I only hope that the 1,000 BBs can be loaded faster the individually through that little hole. ;-)

Steve

plymouthairrifle:
the best that I can tell from your photos your gun was made. 1917 - 1918.  This was the date when the barrel patch changed from a 5 inch patch to a 7 inch tabbed in patch.  I think from the photo yours is a 5" patch.

All the #3 Daisy variations are included in Gary Garbers book.  An Encyclopedia Of Daisy Plymouth Guns

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version